Thursday 16 January 2014

My Love is Like a Red, Red Rose

Yes, this week is yet another post starting out with a reference to Robert Burns. This week's tune is My Love is Like a Red, Red Rose. And in that spirit I knit a headband. The pattern is called Caliometry by Kathryn Schoendorf, and I've just added a couple of wee roses to the side.
  


















Originally I intended to add a bigger rose, more to the tune of THIS pattern. But as you can see below, my rose looks more like brain coral. Hence the need for some rejiggering.


Now we have some very exciting workshops ahead. Vala has added in a new Fair Isle workshop and another combining both knitting and crochet, as mentioned in last week's post. 

Clare is on the books for some fun things. Heels, magic loop, two at a time socks, beginner lace shawls, beading in lace and some very beginner options as well. All the options are available for pondering over on the website

I'm actually working on a sample for the short rows workshop, featuring the Aviatrix Hat by Justine Turner. This wee person hat is super cute and knit flat using short rows. It's like magic!



This workshop is taking place on the 8th and 15th of March at 11:30am - 1:00pm and will cost £30. Here is my Ravelry project page if you would like to take a closer look.

No comments:

Post a Comment