Thursday 23 January 2014

Ae Fond Kiss & YORK

Ae Fond Kiss, and Then We Sever tells the tale full of heart ache. In its honour, I have knit a collection of teeny hearts. This are now strung up in the shop window, and so they will remain for Valentine's Day. Multi-purpose says I! The free pattern can be found here.



Now many of you will know that I was off to York on a very mini holiday earlier this week. What a success! Pretty scenery, yarn, buttons, Pad Thai, and plenty of knitty chat.

The Best Tree

View from the bridge
The walk into Toon


And next we get into some yarny business in Ramshambles. I HAD to buy some yarn. Really, I was forced. This expression is actually full of terror if you examine closely.
Vicious kidnappers aka Yarn Shop Ladies




















All in all an excellent mini break finished off by a few hours knitting in this charming cafe.

Angelic Knitters








2 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun trip to York. :) I was there many years ago (1986 I think...whatever year Andrew and Fergie got married) but still remember so vividly walking down The Shambles. Beautiful city. Sadly I didn't get the chance to go wandering round yummy wool shops at that age! Luckily I can make up for that now and have made a note for myself to visit Ginger Twist Studio next time we're into the Town. Found your site through the Yarn Pony blog and so pleased to find another (relatively) local place. Livi is hopeless for this kind of shop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Louise, glad to hear you related to the blog post. And yes, you should most definitely plan a yarny trip to Edinburgh! :)

      Delete