Friday 3 January 2014

Auld Lang Syne. It's a Robert Burns Kinda Month

I was such a busy bee today. There was loads of hand dyed to be labelled and hung, a window to change, a new Wool of the Month to put out, and of course tea and chats. Therefore, I did not get round to posting an update on the new window display and Robert Burns business till just now. So this week's tune is Auld Lang Syne. Combine that with Ginger Twist's Wool of the Month, and this is the result. Delicious Guernsey stitches.





This is the Guernsey Triangle by Jared Flood. It's really a fabulous pattern that takes classic Guernsey stitches and puts a modern twist on them by incorporating them into a triangle shawl. We should not forget traditions. Rather like old friends and old times, eh? Sounds a bit like a familiar tune.

I fashioned my small triangle with 2 balls of Guernsey 5-ply by Wendy in the natural colourway. This is January's Wool of the Month. Feel free to take a look at my project page on Ravlery. 

I've just finished with next week's Burns items, and it may be my favourite...

2 comments: