Thursday 31 October 2013

Samhain and the close of SOCKTOBERFEST

Samhain has arrived. I've kinda gone with an attempt at being Merida from “Brave” this Halloween. This involves teasing my already curly red hair and wearing one of my fav dresses, along with a lack of forward planning. Och well, there is always hope that I can manage to get bow and arrow set together for next year.

But I promise I HAVE been being productive. My needles have been busy finishing my Candy Floss Cloud. This pattern is called Averin, by the amazing Edinburgh based designer Lucy Hague. I'm super pleased to have finished this and looking forward to cuddling up with its super soft self in the chilly days to come.



Ginger Twist Studio's first ever Socktoberfest has been an utter delight. You may even see some sock related plans leaking over into this next month. I just can't contain myself! It has been an absolute pleasure to feature Rachel Coopey's sock designs this month, and I'm quite saddened to be returning her samples. :( As a small consolation, I will be knitting a pair of Emlyn Socks for myself. And there is now the new window display to focus on!

And here is a lil' clue as to what next month entails.

Is that a Ginger Stache?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment