Thursday 17 October 2013

Hats Off!

My hat is off to all the ladies and gents who helped with the Innocent Juice Hats knitting project. Said wee hats have now been counted up and posted off. I am happy to announce that we made a total donation of 131 hats. 


These are keeping a lot of juice toppers warm, and helping out Age Scotland by proxy. You think we can make it to 200 hats next year? I better start knitting now.

You may have heard me mention that whomever handed in the most clever wee hat would win a skein of Ginger's Hand Dyed of their choosing. Here are some of the runners up:

 














I may be biased on the winner, as this amazing knitter is my pal, but she is an amazing and super creative knitter nonetheless. Two entries tied for most clever...and they were both hers. 

Meet the Cowardly Lion & 
Jack Sparrow!

Och the details! I adore the button in Mr. Sparrows hair, obviously, as I am a well known button addict. Congrats Miss Sylvie!! And here is a shot of her with her well deserved skein of Ginger's Hand Dyed Delight 4ply  aka Melon Balls on Fire! I've heard rumour that they may become a pair of Rachel Coopey socks.
















Speaking of buttons, time for another woolly announcement. I'm sold out of the Cashmere Wristees kits. :( As an alternative for those still interested in claiming their bit of luxury, I've done up a sample of some equally fun and easy wristees with a rainbow of buttons. 



 
















These used about 23 grams (less than half a skein), so feasibly you could make 2 pairs out of 1 skein or just make yours twice as long (oooo lush). The pattern is available in the shop complimentary, along with a luxurious Hand Spun Afghanistan Cashmere purchase.

1 comment:

  1. That's a marvellous achievement. Well done everyone. I love Cap'n Jack too ......aaarrggh!

    ReplyDelete