Thursday 2 May 2013

Tradfest 2013

The Scottish Storytelling Centre is currently hosting Tradfest 2013. This wee festival was kicked off on the 26th by displaying a variety of traditional crafts in action. I volunteered my knitting services, which involved me knitting all day and chatting with folks about my projects. There are definitely worse ways to spend my time. Dressed in my Chanel suit (this has become my go-to dress to impress outfit), I sauntered over with a few finished pieces for display, some Town Mouse Knitting Club flyers, and 3 projects to keep me occupied for the day. This included a hat, blanket and a dress.
A wee peek at my slapdash display table

A couple of ladies from the Haddington Spinners and Weavers were in attendance, and we had some lovely fiber and wheel chats. One woman was spinning wool to make a jumper, which is quite an epic effort! Spinner #2 was working with bits of fluffy fibre that she had chanced to pickup on her walks about. These recycled scraps will eventually become a pair of socks with a very interesting story.




















The Edinburgh Lace Club also sent a few representatives. What a delightful and talented bunch of ladies!



















And they even let me try my hand at a bit of bobbin lace. I may have found a new craft!


Featured below is a member of the Scottish Basketmakers Circle. Contrary to how this appears, she is not wrestling with a giant wooden spider. She is actually making a basket. I know, right?!


And here are a couple more fun upcycled/recycled projects brought to you by the Scottish Basketmakers Circle.
Tray of used bottle tops
Mobile case of crisp packets

2 comments:

  1. That looks like so much fun! I love me some good times crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a lovely afternoon. You would have really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete