Thursday 9 May 2013

Oh, Oh, Oh, It's Mohair, You Know.

Do you recall that hit tune by Pilot? I so cleverly replaced the word "magic" with "mohair." 

Random fact: Pilot formed in 1973 in Edinburgh, Scotland. What does this have to do with mohair? Very little to nothing.

A couple weeks ago I posted a pic of what appeared to be a mountain of purple fluff. This turned into a dress of course. Honestly, what else would I make?


Designed to be knit from the neck down,this Ginger Twist original features a cowl neck, cap sleeves, pockets and an interesting hemline. 




On to the next item of business. In the past couple weeks, this luxury ball of kid mohair has become...

             ....

                 ....

                      ....

THIS!



I appreciate the process of studying a ball of wool, and seeing what it can become. My vision was something simple, airy and interesting; creating my go-to summer cowl. This colour is an outstandingly bold choice, and I didn't want the pattern to detract from its beauty. Using a couple of different textured stitches, I feel that I have accomplished my mission. Now this busy bee is on to her next project.

No comments:

Post a Comment