Thursday 5 December 2013

The Holidays Are Coming

The start of December saw me running about like a chicken with its head cut off. But there was a lot to organize! Parties, workshops, window displays, advent calendars...and then there's knitting. But aren't the holidays known as a stressful, yet exciting time? I know its true for me.

Let's start with the first of December, the day the first window of an advent calendar is opened. I've decided to knit one for the shop, adding 1 ornament for each day of the month. It's hanging on the door if you are interested in coming by for a peek.

December also means there is a new Designer of the Month in toon! And that certain someone is of course the very kind and lovely... 




She has so generously loaned some samples for the shop display, and GTS is now stocking a selection of her single patterns.


 


 




















And I'm delighted to have a Designer of the Month be teaching a workshop in the month they are featured. There is one slot left in Kristen's Intarsia Workshop at GTS on the 14th of this month for some lucky lad or lass. Kristen created these lovely hats as samples for the workshop. Aren't they just too cute?! If you already know the ins and outs of intarsia, then this pattern is available for purchase in the shop.


Now I've got my gifts all made (still needing wrapped), I'm a few days ahead on the advent calendar front, and I'm' gearing myself up for the knitting club Christmas Shindig. It looks like the rest of my year is basically booked up. :) 

More to come next week on the Kristen Orme, Designer of the Month. 

No comments:

Post a Comment