Thursday 8 August 2013

The Fringe

It's here! The Fringe has arrived and Edinburgh has exploded! 


This month would not be complete without a show on knitting. And in that respect, the first show I went to see this year was on that very subject. Elaine Liner's The Sweater Curse is a brilliant and funny (yet heartbreaking at one point) one woman play. 

 


Follow Elaine on Twitter: @TheSweaterPlay



Have you heard of this curse of the sweater (or jumper)? It basically suggests that if you knit your lad or lady a sweater, the relationship is doomed. Read the official Wiki page, it's legit! Has anyone suffered from this curse that is sweater? 

Coming to us from Dallas, Elaine is both the talented writer and performer of this show. The audience is encouraged to knit during the performance! Amazing. I even knit a few rows on Elaine's travelling scarf. And after the show I got the opportunity to have a wee chat with the lovely lady, as well as a mini photo shoot.


I have not yet suffered from the said curse, as I have not yet tried to make my fella a jumper. But Christmas will be here before too long. Shall I temp the fates?

2 comments:

  1. No! No! let sleeping dogs lay where they will. Other half will just have to stay cold through the winter. No jumper for him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ach well, I suppose that is for the best. Might just knit the dogs reindeer jumpers then to squash the urge.

      Delete