Thursday 25 July 2013

Prep

Ginger Twist Studio has been open just over a month, and there are loads of fun and exciting plans to be revealed. As a knitter and general crafter, I am always planning ahead. If I want a hand made jumper to wear this Autumn, I need to give myself time to actually make it. 

August is quickly approaching, in which Ginger Twist Studio will be featuring a local designer. You may have already figured out just who that will be...but I won't spoil the surprise for those of you who don't know. Official announcement to come soon!

For this purpose I am working on a gorgeous cable shawl that is certainly not for the faint of heart! 






 












Done in the King Cole 4ply, the cables blossom and grow like the branches of a tree. I'm now working on the last chart that is the border. I may just manage to finish in the week I have left!

I've also just gotten a very small selection of Cascade's Baby Alpaca Chunky, in which I have written up a for a beginner cowl deemed Lavender Seeds


This pattern (free with alpaca purchase) only took 1 skein of the alpaca and is super soft and luxurious.



Calling all Twisters! Show your stuff! We need photos of pieces you are proud of for Ginger's Cork Board of Fame. 

It would be nice if it is made out of wool from the shop, but not a strict requirement. :) 

Email your submissions to gingertwiststudio@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. Your cabled gorgeousness is looking lush! I think I just may be able to guess who that local designer may be.....;)

    TempestKnits x

    ReplyDelete