Friday 5 July 2013

Chasing Rainbows

And the land of the freeeeeeeee and the hommmmmme of the braaaaaaaaave. I didn't seem to have time to knit a miniature American flag (which I had every intention of doing). But what better way for an American in Scotland to celebrate the 4th of July, than with rainbows of wool?



Ginger Twist's wool of the month for July is METRO dk by Marta's Yarns. Come one and all for a squish and view. This wool comes from Patricia, owner of The Thread Room. Some of you may have seen her at the Edinburgh Yarn Festival! Lovely Pat, who recently moved from Australia, has now relocated to New Zealand. I think Edinburgh's weather did not agree with her and her family. Alas, as sad as I was to see her go, I was lucky enough to get the remainder of her stock. So when it's gone, it's gone! The shades are so incredibly rich and amazing. This wool is available to be purchased in 50 gram increments. I have them skeined up in lovely large hanks, and can wind off whatever weight you so desire.

As a sample (and for me to wear of course), I'm currently working on Purlbee's Cap Sleeve Lattice Top. This lovely light jumper is perfect for Edinburgh's summer, and shows off the richness and brilliance of METRO's shades. My only problem was choosing two colours. Oh dear! I was quite fond on this orange and teal option, but then went with the teal and purple combo.


Option #1
Option #2 (WINNER)












Can't wait to get this done so I can wear it! 


On another knitty note, I'm working on TinCanKnits Sitka Spruce Hat in Cascade's Eco Alpaca. It's sooooooooo soft and squishy, and I think this colour will show off the subtle lace pattern very well. The book (Pacific Knits) and materials are all available at Ginger Twist Studio if you fancy making one yourself!



Now, I must get back to my knitting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment