Thursday 27 February 2014

February. Is it Over Yet?

February is my least favourite month. It is a time when I really feel the gaping hole that my best gal pal Rachel left behind. She passed away just a little over 3 years ago in the Christchurch earthquake, and was the coolest and kindest lady I've ever met. Three years is a chunk of time, and one would think it would stop hurting. Newsflash: it does not, and I don't know if it ever will.

This being so, I really threw myself into the Ravellenics, and am feeling a bit of a knitty burnout (GASP!). So yesterday I treated myself to a haircut (getting my hair washed is the BEST part). And I can highly recommend Dionne at Charlie Miller at Holy Corner in Edinburgh! What an amazing blow dry!

I've also done a bit of knitting that was not specifically for the shop. As in, I'm using up some random personal stash. This is Almandine by Anushka Tay, featured in Pom Pom Quarterly, Issue 6: Autumn 2013.


I do love a hood!

I've also just finished a pair of Wristwarmers With Contrast Rib by Anna Wilkinson. It wasn't until after I picked out the colours from my stash and started knitting, that I realized I was subconsciously been inspired by TMNT (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles). Do you see it?

TMNT




















Now I'm all ready to start on Brill from the latest issue of Pom Pom Quarterly. One can see I'm getting on a real Anna Wilkinson kick. I've caked up the yarn, but just keep staring at it and petting each lustrous cake. Is this normal?




No comments:

Post a Comment